How to create a horizontal filter page on your site? In this article I am sharing the steps. I created a plugin “Genesis Simple Filter” and added Horizontal Filter layout.
Step 1: First install the Genesis Simple Plugin from WordPress Dashboard and activate it.
Step 2: Creating the filters list. After activating the plugin you will get Genesis Simple Filter menu at left side. Under Genesis Simple Filter menu have two sub-menu: Filter Block and Settings.
- Click on Filter Block link
- Add title
- Select Post Type
- Select Taxonomy
- Check the multiple terms from checklist box
Using same process you can create multiple filters list for your filter page.
Step 3: Creating a filter page.
- Click on Pages -> Add New link
- Enter Page Title
- Select the “GSF- Horizontal Filter” template from Page Attributes -> Template drop down list
- After selecting this template you will get extra meta box “Select Filters Block”
- Select Post Type. By Default it is “Post”
- Select your filters list for your page
- You can exclude some posts. But it is optional
- You can choose the layout from Genesis Layout Settings section. It is optional. Demo site is using full width layout
- Publish the page
Here is the live preview.